๐ผ HAPPY TEACHER’S DAY ๐ผ
This blog is created as part of the collective memory of the Teacher’s Day Celebration. On 5th September 2026, the Department of English, Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University (MKBU), organized a virtual celebration. As part of this celebration, I prepared a video essay on the topic “Who Melted the Himalayas?”: Climate Change, Colonialism and the Unequal Anthropocene.
In this video, I explore how climate change cannot be understood simply as a shared “human” problem. The video examines the unequal relationship between climate crisis, colonial history, globalization, extraction, and environmental injustice. It also looks at how the consequences of climate change are disproportionately experienced by communities and countries that have contributed far less to the global carbon economy.
In this video, I have discussed:
This is the YouTube Video which I made:
๐ฌ “Who Melted the Himalayas?”: Climate Change, Colonialism and the Unequal Anthropocene
I have also prepared a 20 Marks Quiz related to the video lesson. You can appear in the quiz by clicking here. The quiz is designed to help you reflect on the major arguments, concepts, case studies, and literary connections discussed in the video. After completion of the quiz, you will receive a certificate.
๐ฏ Quiz
I have also created an interactive video lesson using TED-Ed based on the same topic. Through this lesson, learners can further explore the relationship between climate change, colonialism, globalization, and environmental inequality. You can visit the lesson by following this link:
๐ TED-Ed Lesson
THANK YOU!!! ๐ผ
On this special occasion of Teacher’s Day, I sincerely thank all my respected teachers for their constant guidance, encouragement, support, and inspiration. Their teaching has encouraged me not only to study literature but also to question, explore, connect ideas, and look at contemporary issues through a critical lens.
This video is also a small reflection of that learning journey where literature, theory, history, and contemporary environmental concerns come together to create meaningful academic engagement.
I am truly grateful to all my teachers for inspiring us to go beyond textbooks, ask difficult questions, and understand the world with greater awareness and critical thinking.
๐ผWishing all my respected teachers a very Happy Teacher’s Day! ๐ผ
Thank you for being the inspiration behind every question we ask, every idea we explore, and every lesson we carry forward. ✨๐
No comments:
Post a Comment